BOOST FOR LOCAL SPORTS CLUBS IN WHITEHORSE
Grassroots sports clubs in Whitehorse are getting the equipment, skills and expertise they need to grow and be more competitive.
Shaun Leane MP today announced 11 clubs in Whitehorse would benefit from the latest round of the Andrews Labor Government’s Sporting Club Grants Program.
The Sporting Club Grants Program is helping more people of all ages and abilities in Knox to get involved in grassroots sports and get active.
There are grants for new modern uniforms and equipment, along with grants providing training programs for coaches, officials and volunteers.
Clubs in Whitehorse that received grants were,
- Whitehorse Colts Football Netball Club, Coaching The Coaches, $1,950
- Eley Park Football Club, Equipment, $1,000
- Box Hill North Super Kings Cricket Club, Uniforms, $1,000
- Surrey Park Lacrosse Club, Equipment, $980
- Blackburn North Bowling Club, Equipment, $1,000
- Metro East Bicycle User Group Inc, Uniforms, $825
- Nunawading Football Club, Uniforms, $1,000
- Whitehorse United Soccer Club, Uniforms, $1,000
- Box Hill Reporter District Cricket Association, Uniforms, $1,000
- Mitcham Angling Club, Uniforms, $1,000
- Victorian Womens Superleague Association, Uniforms, $975
The Sporting Club Grants Program is part of the Labor Government’s strategy to make sport more accessible and inclusive, support clubs and volunteers and boost participation at the grassroots level.
This comes on top of the Labor Government’s $120 million Community Sports Infrastructure Fund which is upgrading tired grounds and ageing pavilions, and building female-friendly change rooms across the state.
Quotes attributable to the Member for Eastern Metropolitan Region, Shaun Leane
“We’re giving grassroots sports clubs in Whitehorse the support they need to grow their ranks and help more people than ever play the sports they love.”
“Here in Whitehorse, we are proud of our clubs and the vital role they play in bringing together our community.”