Grassroots sports clubs in Manningham are getting the equipment, skills and expertise they need to grow and be more competitive.
Shaun Leane MP today announced 9 clubs in Manningham would benefit from the latest round of the Andrews Labor Government’s Sporting Club Grants Program.
The Sporting Club Grants Program is helping more people of all ages and abilities in Knox to get involved in grassroots sports and get active.
There are grants for new modern uniforms and equipment, along with grants providing training programs for coaches, officials and volunteers.
Clubs in Manningham that received grants are,
- Doncaster Athletics Club, Strategic Plan, $5,000
- Templestowe Junior Football Club, Coaching the Coaches, $2,000
- Doncaster All Abilities Basketball Inc, Coaching Skills, $2,000
- CA Tritons, Uniforms, $1,000
- Doncaster and Districts Netball Association, Equipment, $1,000
- Bulleen Templestowe Amateur Football Club, Equipment, $750
- Bulleen Templestowe District Junior Football Club, Equipment, $1,000
- Manningham Cricket Club, Equipment, $1,000
- Park Orchards North Ringwood Parish Junior Football Club, Uniforms, $1,000
The Sporting Club Grants Program is part of the Labor Government’s strategy to make sport more accessible and inclusive, support clubs and volunteers and boost participation at the grassroots level.
This comes on top of the Labor Government’s $120 million Community Sports Infrastructure Fund which is upgrading tired grounds and ageing pavilions, and building female-friendly change rooms across the state.
Quotes attributable to the Member for Eastern Metropolitan Region, Shaun Leane
“We’re giving grassroots sports clubs in Manningham the support they need to grow their ranks and help more people than ever play the sports they love.”
“Here in Manningham, we are proud of our clubs and the vital role they play in bringing together our community.”