There are 79 local councils across Victoria. You can find out which one you live in by clicking here.
Local Government is the closest tier to the people. They handle infrastructure and service delivery such as:
If you have a complaint about your local council, there are a few steps to take.
- Try to resolve the issue with council first. The council will be have its own complaints process that you can use to resolve issues
- If your complaint doesn’t involve a service issue or if you haven’t been able to resolve it with council, you can contact one of the Victorian Government integrity bodies
- The Local Government Inspectorate (for statutory breaches)
- The Victorian Ombudsman (for council maladministration)
- The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (for complaints about suspected corruption and misconduct)